Top Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals to Earn Southwest Points
Looking for the best Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping deals to earn even MORE points for FREE flights?
Here is a list, updated weekly each Monday, of the top points-earning opportunities on the portal. Highlights this week include The Economist with an increased offer of 900 points this week up from 550 points for a $12 subscription.
Barron’s now has a $1 8-week offer for 700 points and the Wall Street Journal has a 700-point offer for a $1, 3-month subscription. Blue Apron also has a majorly increased offer of 1,300 points. Be sure to read how I got Blue Apron points without spending a dime! Lastly, Texture, a digital magazine service, has dropped of the portal entirely for now.
Check back every week for the best deals! This list is updated through March 21, 2018.
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal lets you earn “free” points by starting online shopping at the portal and then clicking through to a specific retailer’s website.
Generally these offers allow you to earn a set number of points per dollar spent.
You can also earn a set number of points not dependent on the dollar amount on a variety of items, which include print and digital newspaper and magazine subscriptions, one-time product purchases like 23andMe genetic testing kits or even subscriptions to Weight Watchers, Blue Apron meal preparation program or CBS All Access.
Here you can get step-by-step instructions for how to use the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal to ensure you never miss a point!
If you accumulate 110,000 qualifying Southwest points (anything marked as “bonus” points in the portal do NOT qualify but can be used for free travel), you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with up for up to two years.
Download my free ebook below to learn how to quickly and easily earn the pass:
Download Your FREE Guide & Start Flying FREE on Southwest!
Top Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals Updated March 21
Here are the best Rapid Rewards Shopping deals I could find in terms of points per dollars spent and/or usefulness of the item as of March 21, 2018.
Best Deal of the Week
Wall Street Journal
700 points, $1 for 2 months!
700 points, $1 for 8 weeks!
Set Point Amounts
- T-Mobile – 4,500 points (up from 3,600 points) – For activation of wireless phone service with device purchase
- AT&T TV & Internet – 3,600 points
- TurboTax Online Versions Federal eFile – 1,000 BONUS points
- For Free, Deluxe, Premier and Self-employed – Free to $39.99-$89.99 – Got someone who has simple taxes who would qualify for the free version of TurboTax? Start in the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal and get 1,000 points!!
- Blue Apron – 1,300 points (up from 550 points) – This is a meal delivery service that sends you recipes and ingredients to prepare several meals weekly. Starts at ~$48 weekly with first week free. Must be active for 45 days. See my post about how I got these points without spending a dime!
- HelloFresh – 700 points – A meal delivery service similar to Blue Apron, which we use and love! ~$39.95 for three meals weekly for the first two weeks then $59.95. You can also try my secret tip above for HelloFresh.
- The Economist – 900 points (up from 550 points), 12 weeks for $12
- Be sure to cancel this on the deadline as it renews at $45!!; new subscriptions only; 1 per household; must be active 60 days
- New York Times – 700 points, $7.50/week
- New subscribers, 1 per household, must be active 90 days
- New York Times Crosswords – 700 points, $6.95/month + first month free
- New subscribers, 1 per household, must be active 90 days
- Barron’s – 700 points, $1 for 8 weeks
- Must be active for 45 days, 1 per household, can’t have been a subscriber in the last 180 days
- Wall Street Journal – 700 points, $1 for 2 months
- 1 per household, can’t have been a subscriber in the last 180 days
- 23andMe genetic testing – 700 points, $99 or $199
- WeightWatchers.com – 350 points, OnlinePlus ~$14.96/month for 3 months with $0 starter fee. This is a GREAT deal, much lower than recent weeks!
- New accounts only (so use a new email if you’ve been a member in the past)
- HostGator – 350 points, hosting packages of 6 months or longer at $3.95/month
- SiriusXM – 550 (up from 350) points, $29.94 for 6 months
- New subscriptions, active 30 days
- CBS All Access – 300 points, cost not available (must try it free first) – Great as we head toward March Madness basketball!
- New memberships, 1 per household, active 30 days
Points Per Dollar
- DiscountMags.com – 20 points per $1
- McAfee.com – 20 points per $1 (up from 9 points)
- E-File.com – 15 points per $1
- Magazineline.com – 15 points per $1
- ValueMags.com – 15 points per $1
- Magazines.com – 15 points per $1 (up from 7 points)
- Restaurant.com (discounted restaurant gift certificates) – 9 points per $1
- H&R Block – 6 points per $1
- GoDaddy.com (domain names, website/blog hosting) – 5 points per $1
- Laneige – 5 points per $1 (up from 1 point) – Favorite beauty product of Olympic snowboarder Chloe Kim!
- Under Armour – 5 points per $1 (up from 4 points)
- Clinique – 4 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Coach – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Aveda – 4 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Avon – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Macy’s – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Nautica – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- New York & Company – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- The Body Shop – 4 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Payless Shoes – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Sears.com – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Sephora – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Rite Aid – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Bloomingdale’s – 3 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Foot Locker – 3 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Lands’ End – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Lids – 3 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Overstock.com – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Adidas.com – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
Here is the full list of offers.
Which will you take advantage of?
Want to Fly FREE to Hawaii?
Enter your email below to subscribe to the Fly Free to Hawaii FREE email course. You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.