Top Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals to Earn Southwest Points
Looking for the best Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping deals to earn even MORE points for FREE flights?
Here is a list, updated weekly, of the top points-earning opportunities on the portal.
Highlights this week include Wall Street Journal and Barron’s 700 points EACH for a $1, 2-month subscription, 900 points for a $12 subscription to The Economist, Old Navy offering 3 points per $1, and Blue Apron hanging in with a major offer of 1,400 points. Be sure to read how I got Blue Apron points without spending a dime!
Check back every week for the best deals! This list is updated through May 16, 2018.
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal lets you earn “free” points by starting online shopping at the portal and then clicking through to a specific retailer’s website.
Generally these offers allow you to earn a set number of points per dollar spent.
You can also earn a set number of points not dependent on the dollar amount on a variety of items, which include print and digital newspaper and magazine subscriptions, one-time product purchases like 23andMe genetic testing kits or even subscriptions to Weight Watchers, Blue Apron meal preparation program or CBS All Access.
Here you can get step-by-step instructions for how to use the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal to ensure you never miss a point!
If you accumulate 110,000 qualifying Southwest points (anything marked as “bonus” points in the portal do NOT qualify but can be used for free travel), you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with up for up to two years.
Download my free ebook below to learn how to quickly and easily earn the pass:
Download Your FREE Guide & Start Flying FREE on Southwest!
Top Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals Updated May 16
Here are the best Rapid Rewards Shopping deals I could find in terms of points per dollars spent and/or usefulness of the item as of May 16, 2018.
Best Deal of the Week
Wall Street Journal
$1 for 2 months
Set Point Amounts
- Verizon Wireless – 3,600 points
- AT&T TV & Internet – 3,600 points
- Winc Wines – 1,800 points (up from 650 points); Winc is a monthly wine delivery service, sending you 4 bottles starting at $13 each with no delivery fee; new subscriptions only (I totaled $56 for four when I went through their selection process); $25 discount through Rapid Rewards Shopping
- Blue Apron – 900 points (down from 1,400 points) – This is a meal delivery service that sends you recipes and ingredients to prepare several meals weekly. Starts at ~$48 weekly with first week free. Must be active for 45 days. See my post about how I got these points without spending a dime!
- Wall Street Journal – 900 points, $1 for 2 months!
- 1 per household, can’t have been a subscriber in the last 180 days
- The Economist – 900 points, 12 weeks for $12
- Be sure to cancel this on the deadline as it renews at $45!!; new subscriptions only; 1 per household; must be active 60 days
- Barron’s – 700 points, $1 for 8 weeks
- Must be active for 45 days, 1 per household, can’t have been a subscriber in the last 180 days
- 23andMe genetic testing – 700 points, $99 or $199
- SiriusXM – 350 points, $29.94 for 6 months
- New subscriptions, active 30 days
- HelloFresh – 350 points (though it has been as high as 700 points, so you may want to wait until it goes back up) – A meal delivery service similar to Blue Apron, which we use and love! ~$39.95 for three meals weekly for the first two weeks then $59.95. You can also try my secret tip above for HelloFresh.
- WeightWatchers.com – 350 points, OnlinePlus ~$19.95/month for 6 months with FIRST MONTH FREE and $0 starter fee.
- New accounts only (so use a new email if you’ve been a member in the past)
- HostGator – 350 points, hosting packages of 6 months or longer at $3.95/month
- CBS All Access – 300 points, cost not available (must try it free first)
- New memberships, 1 per household, active 30 days
Points Per Dollar
- DiscountMags.com – 20 points per $1
- McAfee.com – 20 points per $1 (up from 9 points)
- Magazineline.com – 15 points per $1
- ValueMags.com – 15 points per $1
- Magazines.com – 15 points per $1 (up from 7 points)
- Restaurant.com (discounted restaurant gift certificates) – 9 points per $1
- Airport Parking Reservations – 7 points per $1
- Laneige – 5 points per $1 (up from 1 point) – Favorite beauty product of Olympic snowboarder Chloe Kim!
- Foot Locker – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Avon – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Macys.com – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- New York & Company – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Rite Aid – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Sephora.com – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Bed Bath & Beyond – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- DKNY – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Gap.com – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Lands’ End – 3 point per $1 (up from 1 point)
- StubHub – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point) – Great for baseball and summer concert tickets!
- Adidas – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Banana Republic – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Sam’s Club – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- newegg – 1 point per $1 (up from .5 points)
Here is the full list of offers.
Which will you take advantage of?
Want to Fly FREE to Hawaii?
Enter your email below to subscribe to the Fly Free to Hawaii FREE email course. You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.