Looking for the best Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping deals to earn MORE points for FREE flights? Rapid Rewards Shopping is one of the BEST ways to earn Southwest points that also qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass. Not all points qualify but most do!
The portal allows you to earn points on purchases you would already be making for NO additional cost. Sometimes you might score a boatload of points for a cheap subscription to a newspaper, website or email!
These are often CHEAPER ways to get points than buying Southwest points.
Just please don’t forget to cancel subscriptions after the promotional offers end, so you don’t pay a higher non-promotional subscription fee, if you don’t really want the subscription.
If you want to be reminded when you are shopping to go through the Southwest portal, GET THIS BUTTON, which will automatically activate points directly at more than 850 different stores while you do your online shopping.
Here is a list, updated weekly, of the top points-earning opportunities on the portal.
Want to get the weekly email that lists the best deals of the week, so you don’t miss out on points for free travel? Sign up below!
Our Assessment for the Week (June 3, 2020)
Any of the following offers can be a great way to earn a BUNCH of points that count toward the 125,000 qualifying points you need to earn your Southwest Companion Pass.
Note: There are a few deals described as “bonus” points. Anything described as a “bonus” point DOES NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass.
The ability to virtually see a doctor is incredibly helpful right now! DentalPlans.com, which offers a variety of health and dental memberships, is offering a plan that grants you unlimited video chats with doctors 24/7 for a year for less than $200 for everyone in your home!
You can ALSO earn 1,800 Southwest points when you subscribe through the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal OR you can take advantage of a 25% discount just for Go to Travel Gal readers. Here’s how to purchase the plan…
Medical Alert is offering a huge 5,400 points which does require an annual subscription, so you’ll want to read all of the fine print before signing up. Motley Fool is down this week but still offering a nice 2,700 points, which also requires a 1-year, $99 subscription. Also, Verizon Wireless will give you 4,500 points, and AT&T TV and Internet will give you 2,700 points this week, if you care to switch cable or Internet providers.
Sun Basket is an all-organic meal delivery service with a 2,700-point offer. Lyn and Go to Travel Gal team member Nancy both subscribed. Lyn paid just a bit more than $30 for two meals for one week (there’s a discount coupon you get when signing up through Southwest, as well). Paying $30 for 2,700 points is a pretty stinkin’ good deal at about 1 cent per point — way less than Southwest’s average 1.9 cents per point 😉.
Gwynnie Bee, which lets you “borrow” stylish clothes to wear for a month, is hanging on at 2,000 points (Lyn recently signed up for this one and spent just $36!), and BistroMD, a doctor-designed meal delivery plan, has increased to 2,000 points, as well.
Blue Apron is back! This is a family-friendly meal delivery service that dropped out of the portal for a bit, but is now back and offering an awesome 1,100 points. You might even be able to get these points FREE. [See how Lyn did it]
Veestro, also a meal delivery service, has increased their points this week, earning them a spot in our post. 100% plant-based, Veestro offers fully-prepared meals delivered to you to for 650 points! This could be a great option for when you’re tired of all that cooking!
Freshly is another meal delivery service that brings prepared meals to your door for 550 points. First-time purchases only, and the deal is $60 off first five orders.
Unfortunately, Hello Fresh meal delivery service, Lyn’s favorite, is still out of the portal. We’ll let you know as soon as they return!
Streaming lots of TV and movies these days? Subscribe to Sling TV and earn 700 points, as well as Disney+ for $5.99/month and earn 550 points.
Although we’ve been given an extension to pay our taxes, now is a great time to knock them out. TurboTax is offering 1,000 Southwest points on select products. Keep in mind that the TurboTax Southwest points are BONUS points, so they don’t qualify for the Companion Pass 😢.
If getting in shape or losing weight are on your list right now, be sure to check WeightWatchers (rebranded as WW), which you can do at home using their app, at 350 points.
Some other stores worth a look include the below listed with the number of points you can earn per $1:
- StitchFix – 20 points
- CampingMaxx – 4 points (camp in the backyard!)
- Life Is Good – 4 points (great gifts for Father’s Day!)
- Patagonia – 4 points (for all those hikes you’re planning)
- Le Creuset – 4 points (spice up your cooking with some new appliances and cooking utensils)
- Game Stop – 2 points (video games)
- Michael’s Stores – 2 points (load up on craft supplies!)
- Home Depot – .5 points (get your backyard in working order for the summer)
Even if a store doesn’t have an increased offer, remember to ALWAYS start your shopping for the store at the Southwest Shopping portal to earn even more points. So many stores are on here except Amazon!
- Walmart (Note: most categories are EXCLUDED from earning Rapid Rewards Shopping Points at Walmart.com, like groceries, household goods, etc., so buyer beware on this one)
- Target (The same note above also holds true for Target; that means no grocery points 😢)
- Best Buy
- CVS/Walgreens (Also excludes groceries and household goods!)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Dollar General
- Lowe’s and so many more!
Check back every week for the best deals!
How the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal Works
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal lets you earn “free” points by starting online shopping at the portal and then clicking through to a specific retailer’s website.
Generally, these offers allow you to earn a set number of points per dollar spent.
You can also earn a set number of points not dependent on the dollar amount on a variety of items, which include print and digital newspaper and magazine subscriptions or even subscriptions to Weight Watchers, Sun Basket meal preparation program or the Disney+ streaming service.
Here you can get step-by-step instructions for how to use the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal to ensure you never miss a point!
If you accumulate 125,000 qualifying Southwest points (anything marked as “bonus” points in the portal do NOT qualify but can be used for free travel), you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with up for up to two years.
Top Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals Updated June 3
Here are the best Rapid Rewards Shopping deals we could find in terms of points per dollars spent and/or usefulness of the item as of June 3, 2020.
Best Deals of the Week
Sun Basket, 2,700 points, ~$30
Blue Apron – 1,100 points, possibly FREE!
Chewy – 550 points
Set Point Amounts
- Medical Alert – 5,400 points requires a one-year subscription with plans starting at $18.29/mo, but if your loved one needs a service like this anyway, you might as well earn a ton of points!
- Verizon Wireless – 4,500 points (up from 3,600 points)
- AT&T TV & Internet – 2,700 points (down from 4,500 points)
- Motley Fool – 2,700 points (down from 4,500 points) – 1-year $99 subscription, must be active for 60 days
- Sun Basket – 2,700 points – Organic meal delivery service. Eligible for new customers only. $35 off first order. (costs roughly ~$30 for 2 meals for 1 week) [See more meal delivery options here]
- BistroMD – 2,000 points (up from 1,600 points) – Doctor-designed meal delivery plan. New customers only. Plans starting at $98.
- Gwynnie Bee – 2,000 points (up from 1,600 points) – Subscription service that allows you to “borrow” stylish clothing for women; requires a new subscription, which must be active for 60 days. 50% off your first month (Costs roughly ~$36 for your first month/box)
- DentalPlans.com – 1,800 points – Save 10-60% on dental AND health care with DentalPlans.com; new customers only
- Sprint – 1,800 points (down from 2,700 points)
- Verizon Fios (TV & Internet) – 1,600 points (down from 3,000 points)
- Vinesse Wine – 1,400 points – Wine club purchases delivered to your door.
- Winc Wines – 1,100 points – (down from 1,400 points) Monthly wine subscription service (Now is a great time to have your wine delivered!) 30% off your first wine delivery. [Read about 8 wine delivery services that let you earn Southwest points]
- Blue Apron – 1,100 points – This is a meal delivery service that sends you recipes and ingredients to prepare several meals weekly. Get $30 off first two boxes. Must be active for 45 days. See the post about how Lyn got these points without spending a dime!
- Bright Cellars – 1,000 points (down from 1,300 points) – Give the gift of personalized wine! Eligible only on first-time wine club new memberships.
- Turbo Tax – 1,000 BONUS points (up from 700 points) – Go ahead and knock out those taxes!
- Thrive Market – 700 points (down from 1,400 points). Thrive Market is an online grocery retailer with organic products. Currently get $20 in shopping credit.
- Sling TV – 700 points (up from 550) – Streaming TV service. Get $10 off your first month.
- Gobble – 650 points – Meal delivery. Everything you need to make dinner in 15 minutes!
- Veestro – 650 points – 100% plant based, fully prepared meals delivered to you!
- Babbel – 550 points (down from 700) – Learn a new language for your travels and score 550 points, too!
- Chewy – 550 points – Have a pet that you LOVE? Earn points when ordering their toys and treats and get free shipping!
- Disney+ – 550 points – Streaming Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic, $5.99/month!
- Freshly – 550 points (down from 1,100) Prepared meals delivered to your door. First time purchases only. $60 off first five orders and other discounts.
- Good Sam Travel Assist – 450 points – Emergency medical and travel assistance with plans starting at ~$60 per year.
- Barron’s – 350 points, $1 for 8 weeks, then $14.99/month (this is a very low offer; we’d recommend waiting until it increases again before taking advantage)
- Must be active for 45 days, 1 per household, one subscription per Southwest Rapid Rewards account.
- Grove Collaborative – 350 points -Non toxic, eco-friendly home products delivered to your door. Eligible on first-time purchases only.
- Home Chef – 350 points – This is also a meal-delivery service. Use the shopping portal coupon code for 3 free meals and other discounts!
- HostGator – 350 points, hosting packages as low as $2.75 a month. Eligible for new customers with plans of 6 months or longer.
- Wall Street Journal – 350 points, $12 for 12 weeks (this is a very low offer; we’d recommend waiting until it increases again before taking advantage)
- 1 per household, 1 offer per loyalty account; must be active 45 days.
- WeightWatchers.com (now rebranded as “WW”) – 350 points – Digital plan $3.22/week, Workshop + Digital Plan $6.92/week, Coaching + Digital Plan $12.69/week. Join now for free and get a free month + a free cookbook!
- New accounts only (so use a new email if you’ve been a member in the past)
- CBS All Access – 300 points, cost not available (must try it free first)
- New memberships, 1 per household, active 90 days
- Hulu – 70 points, (This is a very low offer; we’d recommend waiting until it increases again before taking advantage)
Points Per Dollar
Many clothing and other retailers have closed their physical stores for now, but you can still shop them online!
- Xfinity TV Internet and Voice – 25 points per $1
- DiscountMags.com – 20 points per $1
- StitchFix – 20 points per $1
- ValueMags.com – 15 points per $1
- 1-800 Flowers – 7 points per $1 (up from 4 points)
- Yahoo Small Business – 7 points per $1 – Web hosting service
- Hugo Boss – 6 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Medifast – 6 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Things Remembered – 6 points per $1
- Beachbody – 5 points per $1
- bebe.com – 5 points per $1
- Burberry – 5 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Cafe Press – 5 points per $1 (up from 2 points) Personalized gifts
- Joe’s Jeans – 5 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Snapfish – 5 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- 5.11 Tactical Series – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Alloy Apparel – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Auto Zone – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- BCBG Generation – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- CampingMaxx – 4 points per $1 – Camping this summer? Get some gear.
- Columbia Sportswear – 4 points per $1
- Cutter and Buck – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- GNC – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Le Creuset – 4 points per $1
- Life is Good – 4 points per $1
- Maurices – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Naturalizer – 4 points per $1
- Nike – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Patagonia – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Plow & Hearth – 4 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Rag & Bone – 4 points per $1 (up from 3 points)
- Bissell – 3 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Clarks – 3 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- Crocs – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Hush Puppies – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Kate Spade – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 points)
- Game Stop – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point) – Need any new video games to stave off some boredom ;-)?
- Gap – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Kohler – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Looking4Parking – 2 points per $1
- Michael’s Stores – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Nine West – 2 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- NFLShop.com – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Stadium Goods – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Yeti – 2 points per $1 – Maybe something for Father’s Day?
- Build.com – 1 point per dollar (up from .5 points)
- Soma Intimates – 1 point per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Home Depot – .5 points per $1 – Get some home improvement projects done while you’re stuck indoors this winter!
Here is the full list of offers.
Let us know in the comments below if you are able to take advantage of one of these great offers!
Want points to book free flights on Southwest?
Check out the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa cards, which let you earn tens of thousands of points that you can use to book free flights on Southwest!
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa card (Personal: 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card (Personal: 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card (Personal: 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
These points also qualify for the 125,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, so one person can fly free with you for up to two years.
Keep in mind you can only hold ONE personal Southwest card at a time, though you can hold two Southwest business cards.
Lyn’s Favorite Travel Credit Card: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Flexible points transfer to Southwest instantly, 2X points on dining and travel, 60,000 points after meeting a $4,000 minimum spend in 3 months and only a $95 annual fee! Please note, this card’s points DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass.
Note: Points earned with this card DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass.
- 5 Amazing Southwest Airlines Destinations for Your Next Vacation
- 101 Ways to Earn Southwest Points for FREE Travel