Did you buy something by starting at the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping portal but the points never showed up? Here are 4 things you need to be aware of to make sure you get your points EVERY TIME, especially if you are trying to earn the coveted Southwest Companion Pass for free travel.
Learn how my family of four flew nearly FREE to six destinations around the U.S. on Southwest! Download my free guide below to get started flying free on Southwest using the Southwest Companion Pass.
Download Your FREE Guide & Start Flying FREE on Southwest!
1. Not Allowing Cookies – Make sure your browser is not blocking “cookies,” as this is what allows the tracking to happen to link the purchase to your Rapid Rewards account. You can make sure cookies are allowed in your browser privacy or security settings.
2. Using Other Coupon Codes – According to the Rapid Rewards Shopping website, you should only use coupon codes from Rapid Rewards Shopping; otherwise, apparently you risk not getting your points for your purchase. Check the Rapid Rewards Shopping page for current offers for each retailer.
3. Leaving the Retailer Site in the Midst of Purchase – Do NOT click out to another site between Rapid Rewards Shopping and the purchase. Just to be safe, if you get interrupted or want to come back later and make the purchase, START OVER. Do not assume all is good because the item is still in your cart. Remove the item from your cart and re-add it. I have also heard to make sure you make the purchase within two to three hours of clicking to the retailer site from Rapid Rewards Shopping.
4. Using Ad Blocker Programs – Southwest says ad blocker programs or extension can affect your ability to earn points through the shopping portal. They suggest either adding Southwest.com and the portal as approved websites to your ad blocker program or discontinue their use.
Southwest says the points will be credited to your account within six to eight weeks, though I have generally found them to be credited within a week or two. But make yourself a note to check in with Southwest after eight weeks if you did not get your points. Here’s what to do if you did not get your Rapid Rewards Shopping points that you were expecting.
Here are more FAQs from Rapid Rewards Shopping.
- Didn’t Get Your Rapid Rewards Points? Here’s How to Contact Southwest Airlines
- How to Use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
- Double-Dipping With Rapid Rewards Points
- 4 Easy Ways to Earn Rapid Rewards Points
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.