Check Out the Current Southwest Sale for the Lowest Fares
There’s a new Southwest sale in honor of the first day of spring that runs through March 29.
It has many more fares and city pares listed than I have seen in the last few sales, though overall fares seem to be about the same or slightly higher as the previous sales.
This sale is good for nonstop flights for spring and fall for the following dates: April 10 through June 13 and August 21 through October 31. There are some black-out dates, including Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day.
It is largely for domestic flights Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and international flights Mondays through Thursdays for non-stop flights only (you can often get better deals by taking a connecting flight; see my Southwest deals page for examples).
The extended sale ends March 29, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. in each originating city’s respective time zone.
Sample Southwest Sale Fares
Here are some of the best fares I found as part of this extended Southwest sale.
- Atlanta to Nashville – $49 or 2,323 points
- Atlanta to Orlando – $77 or 4,199 points
- Boise to Sacramento – $66 or 3,763 points
- Boston to Nashville – $74 or 3,998 points
- Buffalo, NY to Chicago Midway – $83 or 4,600 points
- Cincinnati to Baltimore/Washington – $56 or 2,792 points
- Chicago Midway to New York/Newark – $79 or 4,333 points
- Dallas to Denver – $83 or 4,600 points
- Denver to Phoenix – $74 or 3,998 points
- Detroit to Atlanta – $83 or 4,600 points
- Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun – $107 or 2,880 points
- Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Cayman or Turks & Caicos (we are taking advantage of this Grand Cayman deal for spring break!) – $59 or 2,160 points
- Houston to Mexico City – $99 or 2,952 points
- Houston to Atlanta – $83 or 4,600 points
- Indy to New York Newark – $59 or 2,993 points
- LA to Salt Lake City – $$72 or 3,864 points
- Louisville to Chicago Midway – $$73 or 4,031 points
- Milwaukee to Nashville – $64 or 3,328 points
- Nashville to St. Louis – $77 or 4,199 points
- Oakland to Seattle – $59 or 2,993 points
- Raleigh/Durham to Orlando – $83 or 4,600 points
- St. Louis to Atlanta – $80 or 4,399 points
- Tampa to Havana, Cuba – $99 or 3,240 points
- Washington Reagan to Columbus, Ohio – $74 or 3,998 points
Here is the direct link to the Southwest sale.
If you’ve already booked a flight and want to see if there is a lower price, go to the Southwest.com, scroll down to the blue bar and click on Change/Cancel, enter your name and confirmation number, select Change and then review the current points prices.
Southwest charges NO cancellation or change fees, so you can rebook with no penalty if you find a lower price.
To help keep track of what you pay in points or cash each time you book a flight, so you can later compare it with sale prices, check out my Flight Tracker tool in the Frequent Flyer Toolkit. It’s super handy and a big time-saver rather than having to dig up what you paid for a flight each time you want to compare.
Combine these sales with the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with you, and you can stretch your points quite far. Download my free guide that walks you step by step through how to quickly and easily earn the Southwest Companion Pass below:
Download Your FREE Guide & Start Flying FREE on Southwest!
Let me know what good deals you spot!
- How to Know If a Southwest Sale Is a Good One
- 8 Reasons Why I Love to Fly Southwest Airlines
- Does Southwest Fly to Hawaii?
Want to Fly FREE to Hawaii?
Enter your email below to subscribe to the Fly Free to Hawaii FREE email course. You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.