Southwest launched a three-day sale today with fares starting at $49. I took a look at some of the fares from Indianapolis and they definitely qualify as some of the lowest I’ve seen in recent months, but many are also the same deals I’ve seen throughout the airline’s fall sales.
The sale is for domestic travel on non-stop flights October 31, 2017 through December 19, 2017 and January 3, 2018 through February 14, 2018, but excluding Fridays and Sundays. There are also some international flights on sale, as well. This sale ends Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. in each city’s respective time zone.
Sample Southwest Sale Fares
Here are some of the best fares in points and cash (all fares are one-way):
- Philly to West Palm Beach – 4,741 or $85
- Providence, RI to Washington/Reagan – 2,330 or $49
- Tulsa to St. Louis – 2,330 or $49
- Indy to Denver – 4,339 or $79
- Washington Reagan to Tampa – 3,870 or $72
- Kansas City to San Diego – 7,554 or $127
- Columbus, Ohio to Orlando – 5,679 or $99
- Denver to Nashville – 4,339 or $79
If you’ve already booked a flight and want to see if there is a lower price, go to the Southwest.com, scroll down to the blue bar and click on Change/Cancel, enter your name and confirmation number, select Change and then review the current points prices. Southwest charges NO cancellation or change fees, so you can rebook with no penalty if you find a lower price.
To help keep track of what you pay in points or cash each time you book a flight, so you can later compare it with sale prices, check out my Flight Tracker tool in the Southwest Toolkit. It’s super handy and a big time-saver rather than having to dig up what you paid for a flight each time you want to compare.
Combine these sales with the Southwest Companion Pass and you can stretch your points quite far.
Let me know what good deals you spot!
- How to Know If a Southwest Sale Is a Good One
- 8 Reasons Why I Love to Fly Southwest Airlines
- Does Southwest Fly to Hawaii?
Join the Free Flight Challenge
Earn a FREE round trip flight in the U.S. without signing up for a credit card OR stepping foot on a plane!