Ready to book your Southwest flight? I’m sure you’re waiting for the next release of the Southwest Flight Schedule!
Keep reading to find out what flights are currently available for booking on Southwest…
My family saves more than $8,000 every year flying free and I can show your family how to make it a lifestyle, too! Join my Families Fly Free membership to learn my simple process to put flying free on autopilot, so you can start making more precious travel memories before your kids leave home. Hundreds of families are savings thousands of dollars as members. Learn more below…
Booking Cheap Flights on Southwest
The easiest way to book flights on Southwest is through the Southwest Low Fare Calendar, which shows you the lowest prices — in points or dollars — for your flight across a range of dates.
Right now, fares are incredibly cheap due to low demand as a result of the pandemic.
While you may not want to travel right now, it’s a GREAT time to book future flights at some super low prices, including to Hawaii!
Other ways to book cheap flights on Southwest include:
- Booking when flights are first released
- Booking during a sale
- Flying on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Searching for prices on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Flying on connecting flights versus nonstop
- Choosing a nearby airport that may have a cheaper fare to your destination
- Flying early morning or later at night
Did You Know 1 Person Can Always Fly Free With You on Southwest?
Did you know that you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass that lets one person fly free with you for up to two years?
You simply need to earn 125,000 qualifying points, which is most easily accomplished by signing up for one of the Southwest personal credit cards and one business Southwest credit card OR two business Southwest cards.
Here are your options:
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa card (Personal: Earn 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card(Personal: Earn 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card (Personal: Earn 40,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Performance Business card (Small business: 80,000 points after a $5,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $199 annual fee)
- Chase Southwest Premier Business card (Small business: 60,000 points after a $3,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $99 annual fee)
These points DO qualify for the 125,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, so one person can fly free with you for up to two years.
This post breaks down all the benefits and annual fees of each Southwest credit card so you can pick the best one for you.
To apply for this offer or any travel credit cards, please use the links in this post or the CREDIT CARDS links in the main menu shown in the image below. These allow us to earn a commission — at no cost to you — to support our small business! Thank you!
Get MORE Points for FREE Southwest Flights
You can apply for and use my favorite card, Chase Sapphire Preferred (read my full review here), a more flexible travel card, which allows you to transfer points into your Southwest Rapid Rewards account instantly at a 1:1 ratio, as well as to other airline and hotel partners.
The card has a $95 annual fee the first year and grants you 60,000 points after meeting a $4,000 minimum spend in the first three months.
Plus, you earn DOUBLE points on travel purchases and TRIPLE points on dining, online grocery purchases and streaming services.
Keep in mind, that points earned using Chase Sapphire Preferred DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass, but CAN be used to book free flights.
How Far Is the Current Southwest Flight Schedule Open?
The Southwest Flight Schedule is now open for booking through September 5, 2022.
So you can now book your summer flights for 2022. Yay!
Southwest has announced the next flight release date will be March 3, 2022 for booking through November 5, 2022.
Typically, Southwest releases flights about every 4-8 weeks, though due to the ongoing effect of the pandemic, things are operating a bit differently and unpredictably!
If you’d like to be notified as SOON as flights are released on that date OR if Southwest makes any changes to this date (which they often do), we recommend joining our Families Fly Free membership, where you’ll get text alerts with timely information as one of many benefits, including regular Zoom consults to develop a simple plan for your family to fly free and access to weekly live webinars on destinations and travel saving topics.
For which months are you waiting to book flights?
- Southwest Check-in Tips
- Do Southwest Points Expire?
- How to See if Your Southwest Plane Has Wifi
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About the Southwest Companion Pass
- 5 Amazing Southwest Airlines Destinations for Your Next Vacation
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.