Ready to book your Southwest flight? I’m sure you’re waiting for the next release of the Southwest Flights Schedule!
Keep reading to find out what flights are currently available for booking on Southwest…
My family saves more than $8,000 every year flying free using travel rewards, and I can show your family how to make flying free a LIFESTYLE too! Join my Families Fly Free program -- where flying free is GUARANTEED -- to learn my simple Fly Free Process, so you can start making more priceless travel memories with your family. Learn more below…
Booking Cheap Flights on Southwest
The easiest way to book flights on Southwest is through the Southwest Low Fare Calendar, which shows you the lowest prices — in points or dollars — for your flight across a range of dates.
Right now, fares are incredibly cheap due to low demand as a result of the pandemic.
While you may not want to travel right now, it’s a GREAT time to book future flights at some super low prices, including to Hawaii!
Other ways to book cheap flights on Southwest include:
- Booking when flights are first released
- Booking during a sale
- Flying on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Searching for prices on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Flying on connecting flights versus nonstop
- Choosing a nearby airport that may have a cheaper fare to your destination
- Flying early morning or later at night
Did You Know 1 Person Can Always Fly Free With You on Southwest?
Did you know that you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass that lets one person fly free with you for up to two years?
Want more points for free flights on Southwest?Check out the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa cards, which let you earn tens of thousands of points that you can use to book free flights on Southwest! These points also qualify for the 125,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, so one person can fly free with you for up to two years. These include...
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Performance Business card (Small business: 80,000 points after a $5,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $199 annual fee)
- Chase Southwest Premier Business card (Small business: 60,000 points after a $3,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $99 annual fee)
This post breaks down all the benefits and annual fees of each Southwest credit card so you can pick the best one for you.
To apply for this offer or any travel credit cards, please use the links in this post or the CREDIT CARDS links in the main menu shown in the image below. These allow us to earn a commission — at no cost to you — to support our small business! Thank you!
If you want to earn EVEN MORE Southwest points, Chase Sapphire Preferred, my FAVORITE travel credit card, offers 60,000 points upon meeting a $4,000 minimum spend in the first three months and a low $95 annual fee.
Thanks for using our affiliate link to apply below...
- Flexible points transfer to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio instantly and are worth DOUBLE if you have a Southwest Companion Pass
- 3X points on dining
- 2X points on travel
- 10% points bonus annually on spending
- Primary car rental insurance
- Trip interruption and cancellation insurance
Please note, this card’s points DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass but CAN be used to book FREE flights on Southwest.
How Far Is the Current Southwest Flights Schedule Open?
The Southwest Flights Schedule is now open for booking through August 14, 2023.
So you can now book your summer flights for 2023. Yay!
Southwest has announced the next flight release date will be February 9, 2023 for booking through October 4, 2023.
Typically, Southwest releases flights about every 4-8 weeks, though the dates are subject to change so check back frequently!
If you’d like to be notified as SOON as flights are released on that date OR if Southwest makes any changes to this date (which they often do), we recommend joining our Families Fly Free membership, where you’ll get text alerts with timely information as one of many benefits, including regular Zoom consults to develop a simple plan for your family to fly free and access to weekly live webinars on destinations and travel saving topics.
For which months are you waiting to book flights?
- Southwest Check-in Tips
- Do Southwest Points Expire?
- How to See if Your Southwest Plane Has Wifi
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About the Southwest Companion Pass
- 5 Amazing Southwest Airlines Destinations for Your Next Vacation
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.