Want some free Southwest drink coupons to enjoy a glass of wine, cocktail or beer on your next flight?
Unfortunately, drinks are not free on Southwest Airlines (alcohol costs $6-$7 per drink), but there ARE ways you can score a freebie, and it doesn’t require you to have earned any rewards.
Alcoholic drinks returned to the airline on February 16, 2022. Yay!
If you have any drink coupons for Southwest that have been sitting around during the pandemic, I suspect they will honor any expired free drink coupons that you have. It’s definitely worth asking!
My family saves more than $8,000 every year flying free using travel rewards, and I can show your family how to make flying free a LIFESTYLE too! Join my Families Fly Free program -- where flying free is GUARANTEED -- to learn my simple Fly Free Process, so you can start making more priceless travel memories with your family. Learn more below…
5 Ways to Get Southwest Drink Coupons
1. Join Southwest Rapid Rewards
If you are not yet a member (and you should be if you want to learn how to fly free on Southwest!), join the Southwest frequent flyer program, which is called Rapid Rewards.
Sign up at Southwest.com.
Southwest sometimes sends Rapid Rewards members free coupons in the mail after they have flown a set number of flights (the rumor is 10 one-ways in a calendar year).
2. Apply for a Southwest Chase Rapid Rewards Credit Card
This is also key if you want to fly free on Southwest!
To review or apply for any of the cards in this post, please use the links within this post or the CREDIT CARDS links in the main menu above (shown in the image below). This allows us to earn a commission—at no cost to you—to support our small business. Thanks so much for taking that step!
Want more points for free flights on Southwest?Check out the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa cards, which let you earn tens of thousands of points that you can use to book free flights on Southwest! These points also qualify for the 125,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, so one person can fly free with you for up to two years. These include...
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card (Personal: Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 minimum spend in 3 months)
- Chase Southwest Performance Business card (Small business: 80,000 points after a $5,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $199 annual fee)
- Chase Southwest Premier Business card (Small business: 60,000 points after a $3,000 minimum spend in 3 months; $99 annual fee)
Credit cardholders ALSO often get free drink tickets as thanks for being a cardholder!
On my second, third and fourth anniversaries of holding the Southwest Business Premier card, Southwest sent me 4 free drink coupons in the mail shown below.
3. Ensure You Are Opted in to Receive Free Southwest Drink Coupons
To get a free Southwest drink coupon, you’ll need to opt in.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Log in to your Rapid Rewards account at Southwest.com.
2. Click on My Account (top right).
3. Then click on Profile/Travel and make sure you opted in to receiving drink coupons on the lower left.
4. Sign up for all Southwest Airlines Communications
By ensuring you are receiving all Southwest email communications, you’ll increase your chances of getting these coupons.
Sometimes they’ll offer a freebie in one of their emails, plus you’ll also find out about their sales.
On some special occasions, like Mother’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and Halloween, they give away free drinks … if you know to ask for them!
Ensure you are signed up for Southwest emails by logging into your Rapid Rewards Account at Southwest.com, clicking My Account, then Profile/Communication.
Ensure all boxes are checked.
5. Purchase a Southwest Business Select Fare
Southwest Business Select tickets cost more, but they do throw in a free drink in each direction.
When you buy a Business Select fare, you earn 12 Southwest points per dollar versus 6 points per dollar with Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away Fares (the cheapest Southwest fares).
You will get your printable Southwest Airlines drink coupons when you check in at the airport.
It will be at the end of your Business Class boarding pass, so don’t lose it!
Here is a good forum post from the Southwest Airlines Community site that discusses free drink coupons.
Southwest Alcoholic Drinks
What options do you have for alcoholic drinks on Southwest?
Here’s a list…
- Beer (Miller Lite, Dos Equis Special Lager, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy (seasonal), Fat Tire, Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale)
- Wine or sparkling wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sparkling Wine)
- Spirits, including:
- Dewar’s Scotch
- Jack Daniel’s
- Wild Turkey
- Bacardi Rum
- Baileys Irish Cream
- Sauza Gold Tequila
- Deep Eddy Vodka
- Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- Tanqueray Gin
- These fun cocktails:
- Vodka and Cran-Apple
- Rum and Coke
- Gin and Tonic
- Bloody Mary
- Tequila and OJ
- Vodka and OJ
- Jack and Coke
- St. Roc sparkling wine and Cran-Apple – I recently tried this one and it’s super yummy!!
Here is the full Southwest inflight menu, including Southwest Airline’s beverages.
On Southwest Hawaii flights, you get an extra special option!
What’s your favorite drink while flying?
What If I Have an Expired Southwest Drink Coupon That I Haven’t Been Able to Use?
I think they will honor any expired Southwest drink coupons you were unable to use while they were not serving alcoholic drinks.
So hold on to those drink coupons, as you should be able to use them in the future.
There are a variety of ways you can score free Southwest drink coupons, so you can toast your travels without spending a dime!
- signing up for Rapid Rewards
- holding a Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card
- purchasing a Southwest Business Select fare
- signing up for Southwest email communications
Have you found other ways to get free drink coupons?
If you want to earn EVEN MORE Southwest points, Chase Sapphire Preferred, my FAVORITE travel credit card, offers 60,000 points upon meeting a $4,000 minimum spend in the first three months and a low $95 annual fee.
Thanks for using our affiliate link to apply below...
- Flexible points transfer to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio instantly and are worth DOUBLE if you have a Southwest Companion Pass
- 3X points on dining
- 2X points on travel
- 10% points bonus annually on spending
- Primary car rental insurance
- Trip interruption and cancellation insurance
Please note, this card’s points DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass but CAN be used to book FREE flights on Southwest.