Are you ready to start traveling for free or very cheaply? I thought so! Read on!
First, I want to share with you my mission statement for this blog:
To help as many people as possible experience the unbelievable joy of travel by developing and teaching simple ways to significantly reduce or eliminate the cost of travel.
I’m a longtime travel writer living just outside Indianapolis, Indiana, who discovered that I could travel free by collecting miles and points in 2015 (read more about me). A lover of couponing, I was amazed that I could apply the same strategies to travel and enable my family to get a lot more than 10 boxes of cereal. Instead, we could literally fly and do amazing things around the world for very little cost.
And it did not depend on our financial situation. Whether my business income was up or down, whether we were saving for kids to go to college or paying an unexpected medical expense, with miles and points saved up, we could always travel. What a gift.
After I earned the Southwest Companion Pass in 2015, which allowed one member of my family to fly free with me through 2016, I was hooked! That first year, we flew to six destinations for less than $100 per flight for all four of us! We now fly at least six times, if not more, each year, almost exclusively using miles and points for our flights.
Read my post below to find out how life-changing this has been for my family:
I’m here to open up the world to you, your family, your friends, your significant other — whoever! — so that if financial constraints are keeping you from traveling, they will NO MORE!
I want you to see and explore God’s amazing creation from the gorgeous Rocky mountains to the Caribbean blue seas to the ancient structures in Europe to the dramatic scenery that makes up our nation’s National Parks. It is a joy like no other…
My Approach to Miles and Points
Be forewarned, I don’t advocate advanced travel hacking, flying just to earn points or gathering gobs of points to fly first class on a plane with beds and showers to India. There is no advanced math required and no travel hacking jargon dictionary needed to follow my techniques and suggestions. You won’t be checking for award availability on flights every 10 minutes.
I like to KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID, aka KISS. I will show you the easiest and simplest ways of traveling nearly free and how to bring one, two, three, four or more along WITH you, including my favorite and possibly the best travel deal going: the Southwest Companion Pass.
- If you’re retired (or about to) and wondering how you can travel for less, this is for you!
- If you’re a busy mom or dad of school-age kids, this is for you!
- If you’re working 50+hours per week at your high-stress job or running your own business, this is for you!
- If you’re single and in your 20s and wanting to see the world with very little in the bank, this is for you!
Please Support Go to Travel Gal
This blog depends on affiliate income to keep on truckin’ :). To help support Go to Travel Gal and the free content I am able to bring you, please consider using the Travel Credit Cards link in the main menu above (shown in the image below) to apply for ANY credit cards.
I am awarded a commission, which helps me to spend more of my time bringing you great information on traveling free! You never have to use these links, but I am so grateful if you do.
What Should You Do Next?
First, let’s make sure you’re signed up to get Go to Travel Gal emails. I send out a weekly email newsletter, weekly tips on how to travel for less and sometimes send HOT NEWS more frequently when something is very timely (like a Southwest sale or awesome, time-sensitive points-earning opportunity).
Make sure you are subscribed below:
You may also want to follow me on:
- Facebook – I share timely news about airlines, destinations and more!
- Twitter – I often retweet great fare prices around the world
- Instagram – Follow my family’s travels
- Pinterest – Share my posts with other pinners and save to read later
- YouTube – Videos from our travels
Join the private Go to Travel Gal Facebook group for sharing any cheap Southwest fares you find. Note: You will need to be subscribed to the Go to Travel Gal email list to join this group. Please include the subscribed email when you request to join the group or otherwise give me an email and permission to add you to the email list.
To join, click below and then Request to Join:
Here are also some great beginner posts to help you get started:
- Introduction to Miles and Points
- Go to Travel Gal’s Travel Credit Card Plan: Which Cards in What Order
- Credit Doesn’t Have to Be a FOUR Letter Word!
- How to Quickly Improve Your Credit Score to Apply for Travel Credit Cards
- Everything You Need to Know to Earn the Southwest Companion Pass
- How to Fly a Family of Four to Europe on Miles
Welcome to Go to Travel Gal! Now, let’s get started traveling free…