Welcome to Go to Travel Gal!
Are you ready to start traveling for free or very cheaply? I thought so! Read on!
I am a longtime travel writer living in Indianapolis, Indiana, who discovered that I could travel free by collecting miles and points in 2015 (read more about me). A lover of couponing, I was amazed that I could apply the same strategies to travel and enable my family to get a lot more than 10 boxes of cereal. Instead, we could literally fly and do amazing things around the world for very little cost.
After I earned the Southwest Companion Pass in 2015, which allowed one member of my family to fly free with me through 2016, I was hooked! That first year, we flew to six destinations for less than $100 per flight for all four of us! We now travel at least six times, if not more, each year, almost exclusively using miles and points to fly.
Read my post below to find out how life-changing this has been for my family:
I’m here to open up the world to you, your family, your friends, your significant other — whoever! — so that if financial constraints are keeping you from traveling, they will NO MORE!
My Approach to Miles and Points
Be forewarned, I don’t advocate advanced travel hacking, flying just to earn points or gathering gobs of points to fly first class on a plane with beds and showers to India. There is no advanced math required to follow my techniques and suggestions. You will not be checking for award availability on flights every 10 minutes.
I like to KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID, aka KISS. I will show you the easiest and simplest ways of traveling nearly free and bring one, two, three, four or more along with you, including my favorite and possibly the best travel deal going: the Southwest Companion Pass.
- If you’re a busy mom of three, this is for you!
- If you’re working 50+hours per week at your high-stress job, this is for you!
- If you’re retired and wondering how you can travel for less, this is for you!
- If you’re single and in your 20’s and wanting to see the world with very little in the bank, this is for you!
Please Support Go to Travel Gal
This blog depends on affiliate income to keep on truckin’ :). To help support Go to Travel Gal and the free content I am able to bring you, please consider using the Travel Credit Cards link in the main menu above, the Compare Cards link within posts or the ads you see in the sidebar and on the home page to apply for ANY credit cards. I am awarded a commission, which helps me to spend more of my time bringing you great information on traveling free! You never have to use these thinks, but I am so grateful if you do.
What Should You Do Next?
First, let’s make sure you’re signed up to get Go to Travel Gal emails. I send out a weekly email newsletter and sometimes send HOT NEWS more frequently when something is very timely. Make sure you are subscribed below:
You may also want to follow me on:
- Facebook – I share timely news about airlines, destinations and more!
- Twitter – I often retweet great fare prices around the world
- Instagram – Follow my family’s travels
- YouTube – Videos from our travels
Join the private Go to Travel Gal Facebook group for sharing any cheap Southwest fares you find. Note: You will need to be subscribed to the Go to Travel Gal email list to join this group. Please include the subscribed email when you request to join the group or otherwise give me an email and permission to add you to the email list:
Here are also some great beginner posts to help you get started:
- Introduction to Miles and Points
- Go to Travel Gal’s Travel Credit Card Plan: Which Cards in What Order
- Credit Doesn’t Have to be a FOUR Letter Word!
- How to Quickly Improve Your Credit Score to Apply for Travel Credit Cards
- Everything You Need to Know to Earn the Southwest Companion Pass
- How to Fly a Family of Four to Europe on Miles
Welcome to Go to Travel Gal! Now, let’s get started traveling free…