A new option for SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, members and Marriott Rewards members for redeeming points is the the new Moments Master Class Series.
This new series lets rewards members of both programs learn a new skill under the guidance of some of the world’s best athletes, chefs and entertainers at some of the hotel brands’ top properties.
I love SPG Moments, which allow you to use points earned for “experiences” rather than hotel bookings. My family has attended a Chicago Cubs game in the SPG Suite at Wrigley Field the year they won the world series, as well as watched “School of Rock” on Broadway from the second row thanks to SPG Moments.
As part of the new Moments Master Class Series, you can:
- Learn NBA Skills with Dwayne Wade at the JW Marriott Miami, current bid 135,500 points
- Take Surf Lessons with a big-wave/“tow-in” surfer at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Florida
- Get Cooking Lessons with a French celebrity chef and television personality at the Cayman Cookout Hosted by The Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman
- Take a Golf Clinic with Annika Sörenstam, one of the most successful female golfers in history, at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
- Get an Underwater Conservation Tutorial from Jean-Michel Cousteau at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Hawaii, current bid 277,500
Those are some pretty amazing things you can get with your Starpoints and Marriott Rewards points! These are all in “bid” format, meaning you will have to “bid” points to win the experience. And, not unexpectedly, these are pretty high-point experiences.
Here are the links to view these Master Class Moments:
Applying for Starwood and Marriott credit cards is a great way to quickly boost your balance to bid on these experiences. Both programs also have experiences, or Moments, that you can purchase outright for a set number of points, no bidding required.
To apply for any of the credit cards in this post, please start at TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS in the main menu above. This allows me to earn a commission — at no cost to you — to help pay the blogging bills and continue to bring you great information — FREE! I sincerely appreciate you taking this step.
The cards include:
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express (personal card) – $95 annual fee waived the first year
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express – $95 annual fee waived the first year
- Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card – 75,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. Plus, One Free Night at a Category 1-5 hotel (after account anniversary). $85 annual fee. 7,500 additional bonus points for adding an authorized user and making at least one purchase in the first 3 months.
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.