Do you hold elite status with another airline but not with Southwest? Through the end of the year, Southwest Airlines is offering to match your elite status by upgrading you to Southwest A-List for 90 days.
Southwest offers both A-List Preferred and A-List status for those who pay and fly 25 one-way flights or collect 35,000 qualifying Southwest points (earned by paying for flights or on Southwest credit card purchases) each year.
A-List is the second best and grants you:
- Priority boarding (this means you are automatically checked in ahead of everyone else at 36 hours prior to departure)
- A special check-in and security lane (where available)
- Same-day Southwest standby free
- Earn 25% more points when you pay for a Southwest flight
How to Take Advantage of the Southwest Status Match
Here is what you need to do to take advantage of this offer:
1. Make sure you have a Southwest Rapid Rewards account. If not, go to Southwest.com and click Enroll top right.
2. Go to THIS PAGE and click Register Now. This opens your email and asks you to submit:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Rapid Rewards Number
- Screenshot of current elite status with a U.S. based carrier, other than Southwest Airlines
Additionally, you can email [email protected] with the above information directly.
Verification and confirmation typically takes about 12 business days, according to Southwest.
The Offer’s Fine Print
Your elite status must be with a US-based airline (no international airlines).
The promotional A-List status will last for 90 days.
You will not receive an A-List card as part of this promotion, but you will still receive the benefits with you book flights using your Rapid Rewards number.
You must apply for the promotion on or before December 31, 2019.
Your status must be approved PRIOR to booking in order to receive A-List benefits.
Who Is NOT Eligible for This Promotion
Current A-List members whose status is expiring ARE NOT eligible for this promotion.
You’re only eligible for this promotion if you have not received A-List through any other promotion in the last 12 months.
For example, earlier this year they offered free A-List to select customers for 3 months, so if you took advantage, you would not be eligible for this offer.
Extend A-List for an Additional 12 Months
If you are approved for this promotion, you can also extend your A-List status for another 12 months by purchasing (with cash, not points) and flying six one-way or three roundtrip flights between your enrollment date and the end of the 90-day trial period.
7 Ways to Earn Miles From Home
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 7 easy things you can do to collect miles from HOME for FUTURE travel! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.