Want to hold the elite A-list Status with Southwest? Holding any type of elite status with an airline can make flying just a bit less stressful and come with some great perks!!
But how do you earn elite status? Usually, you have to purchase a lot of airline tickets and fly — A LOT. But right now, Southwest is offering an A-list status match to anyone who can prove they already have elite status on another domestic airline. This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy the luxuries of being on the “elite” A-list!!
The Southwest Status Match Offer
Through this offer, Southwest will grant you A-list status for 90 days if you submit proof of your status with another domestic airline. These include:
Unfortunately, anyone who already holds elite status with Southwest, whose status is expiring or anyone who earned elite status with Southwest through a different promotion in the last 12 months is not eligible for this offer.
You can extend the status for 12 months if you fly three round-trips or six one-ways within 90 days of your confirmation of enrollment. Only new reservations count; award flights do not count toward these requirements.
Since there are no change fees on Southwest, you could cancel and re-book any previously uncounted reservations in order to count toward the trip requirements. Please keep in mind you will need to pay for any price difference that may apply. Depending on the cost difference and how many you have collected, this can be a great payback!
What Does A-list Status Get You at Southwest?
- Priority Boarding – This could be a huge perk and a BIG stress reducer, as you will avoid the rush to check-in 24 hours before the flight to secure your boarding group. With A-list status, you can check-in 36 hours before your flight so you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot in the coveted A group. Awesome!
- Priority Check-in and Security Access – Since everyone gets two FREE checked bags on Southwest, the lines can get pretty long. This perk earns you a spot in priority check-in, which should speed up the process and shorten the line :).
- Dedicated Phone Line – This may not be a huge perk, but if bad weather hits and your flight is canceled, it could come in handy.
- FREE Same Day Standby – Ever try to hop on an earlier Southwest flight and been told you had to pay the difference? Well, this perk allows you to fly standby for FREE. Here’s how standby works on Southwest.
- 25% Bonus – A-list flyers earn 25% more points than those without. Yea!
How to Take Advantage of the Offer
If you have elite status with another airline, you’ll need to visit this website to register for elite status with Southwest.
Then, you’ll submit an email with proof of your elite status with another airline, your Southwest Rapid Rewards account number and your name.
You can also send an email with the same information to [email protected]
According to Southwest, it takes about 12 business days for confirmation after you submit your information.
Will you go for it?
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.