Are you thinking about getting TSA PreCheck with the aim of reducing the time you spend waiting in airport security lines? Now you can use Rapid Rewards points to pay for it!
Southwest will now let you purchase TSA PreCheck, normally $85 per person, for 9000 Rapid Rewards points. However, I’m not sure that’s a good deal. I’d rather use my points for flights and shell out the $85 using the Chase Sapphire Preferred to pay for it and earn double points, which can be turned into Rapid Rewards points.
How it Works
- Log into your Rapid Rewards account
- Choose More Rewards and select TSA PreCheck
- Add it to your cart
- Purchase with points
- You will receive a certificate with an authorization code
- Fill out the TSA PreCheck application online and/or make an appointment to fill it out in person
- Show your code to the during the appointment to have the fee waived
How to Get TSA PreCheck?
Is TSA PreCheck Worth It?
Read my first review after our trip from Indy to LaGuardia in June.
We used TSA PreCheck on our current trip from Indy to Denver and while there was a short line in Indy, it was very quick to get through. Flying out of Denver next week will be another great test. I’ll fill you in after we try it there!
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.