The other day I stumbled across a nifty tool on the Southwest Airlines website: the Southwest Destination Finder. This helpful tool helps you see where you can fly using a set number of Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
Download my free guide below to find out how you can fly nearly FREE on Southwest by earning the coveted Southwest Companion Pass — even for a family of four like mine!
Download Your FREE Guide & Start Flying FREE on Southwest!
In planning upcoming flights using the Southwest points currently in our Rapid Rewards account, we had a couple destinations for certain. And by looking at pricing during the last sale, we have a good idea of the number of points it will take us to get there.
Once we subtract those points needed from our total points, we know how many points we have left to spend on trips to other destinations. But we have to figure out WHICH destinations the four of us can get to using the Rapid Rewards points we have left. Enter the handy, dandy Southwest Destinations Finder.
I was individually typing each destination that was a remote possibility into the Southwest Low Fare Calendar, but after some looking around I discovered the Southwest Destination Finder. It shows you destinations where you can fly using a certain number of points. The points it uses are based on current pricing for 30-90 advance round-trip bookings.
How to Use the Southwest Destination Finder
- Enter your departure airport under Departing City.
- Slide the bar under Points Range to the total number of points roundtrip you’d like to spend for ONE person.
- The cities that you can fly to within that range of points will show up as red in the Map View.
- Hover over the red dots/pins to see an estimated round-trip price using Rapid Rewards points.
- Select Track It to set up a Flight Tracker that tracks points collected to reach the total number to book this flight. You can see your progress under the My Rapid Rewards section.
- You can also switch to List View, select your departure airport, slide the bar at the top to a set number of points and see on the right hand side which cities you can fly to.
Will this tool be helpful to you? Did you know about it?
- It’s Never Been Easier to Earn the Southwest Companion Pass! Find Out How You Can Do It in 2 Steps!
- How One Airline Perk Completely Changed My Life
- 6 Reasons to Start Earning Your Companion Pass NOW
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.