There are a multitude of ways to earn Rapid Rewards points that will count toward the 110,00 required to secure your Southwest Companion Pass.
The Companion Pass lets one person fly free with you from the time you earn it through the following year (up to two years!) and is an AMAZING deal that can allow you and your family to fly free. However, purchasing (or transferring) points is not one of ways to earn these qualifying points 🙂
So the answer is: No, purchased points do NOT count toward Companion Pass status.
What DOES count toward Companion Pass status?
- Points earned through meeting a minimum spend on Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards
- Points earned through purchases on a Southwest credit card
- Points earned through the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
- Points earned through Rapid Rewards Dining
- Points earned through hotel bookings on SouthwestHotels.com
Learn even more ways to earn the points needed to reach Southwest Companion Pass status in my free ebook!
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About the Southwest Companion Pass
- Other Reader Questions About the Companion Pass
Join the Free Flight Challenge
You'll also be joining the Go to Travel Gal daily update with tips on how to save on travel. Unsubscribe at any time.