This is a great question, as wouldn’t it be nice if your spouse could simply transfer over his or her Rapid Rewards point, so combined with yours you could reach Southwest Companion Pass status?
Unfortunately, you can’t do this. Southwest DOES NOT count transferred points toward Companion Pass status. You gotta earn those puppies yourself ;-). Of course, you could use those points for free travel, but they will not count toward the Companion Pass.
To learn all about the Southwest Companion Pass and how easy it is to start flying free across the U.S. with a companion, download my free ebook, “The Step-by-Step Guide to Earning the Southwest Companion Pass” and get started!
Learn more about the Southwest Companion Pass by reading these popular blog posts:
- TV Version of How to Fly Free on Southwest
- Why It’s Easy to Fly Free on Southwest
- Southwest Credit Cards with 50,000-Point Bonuses
- 11 Ways to Meet the Minimum Spend on Your Southwest Credit Card
- 4 Easy Ways to Earn Rapid Rewards Points
- 6 Reasons to Start Earning Your Companion Pass NOW
- Double-Dipping With Rapid Rewards Points
- How to Earn Rapid Rewards Points for Dining
- How to Use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
- Eventually You Will Run Out of Points: Here’s What to Do NEXT
Join the Free Flight Challenge
You'll also be joining the Go to Travel Gal daily update with tips on how to save on travel. Unsubscribe at any time.