One of my FAVORITE ways to earn Southwest points is using the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal. Not only can you earn points for every dollar you spend at certain online retailers, you can also earn hundreds — or even thousands — of points for cheap subscriptions to media outlets, meal kit services, Weight Watchers and more!
Through August 16, 2020, you have an opportunity to earn even MORE Southwest points — up to 2,000 — on top of what you’d already earn through shopping with a special Rapid Rewards Shopping bonus.
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Bonus Offer
Southwest knows that back-to-school is a time of the year when many of us spend more than usual when shopping, so they kick in a little incentive to keep you spending :).
Whether you’re kids are going back to school in person or doing online school, they likely still need supplies! Whether it’s buying lunch boxes and crayons for younger kids or decorating a dorm room for college students, if you have kids, you’ve likely got some back-to-school expenses.
Through this “bonus event” (this year, they’re not calling it a “back to school bonus”), you’ll be able to earn “bonus” points depending on how much you spend in the portal.
“Bonus” points DO NOT qualify for the 125,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with you, but these points CAN be used to book FREE FLIGHTS on Southwest.
Here’s how it shakes out:
- Spend at least $125, earn 250 bonus points
- Spend at least $300, earn 900 bonus points
- Spend at least $550, earn 2,000 bonus points
Don’t let that encourage you to spend more than you normally would, but do let it encourage you to start all your online shopping at the portal!
The deal ends August 16, 2020.
Best Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal Offers for Back-to-School
Here are some great options for back-to-school shopping:
- The Container Store – 1 point per $1
- Dell Outlet – 1 point per $1
- HP.com – 1 point per $1
- Textbooks.com – 3 points per $1
- Kohl’s – 2 points per $1
- Eastbay – 1 point per $1
- eCampus.com – 2 points per $1
- Apple – 1 point per $1
- Our Campus Market – 2 points per $1
- Finish Line – 2 points per $1
- Macys.com – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- OfficeDepot.com – 2 points per $1
- Overstock.com – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Sam’s Club – .5 points per $1
- Staples.com – 1 point per $1
- The Scholastic Store – 2 points per $1
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – .5 points per $1
- Old Navy – 1 point per $1
- Oriental Trading Company – 1 point per $1
- Walgreens – 2 points per $1
- CVS – .5 points per $1
- Rack Room Shoes – .5 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
Not sure how to maximize the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal? Check out our post below:
7 Ways to Earn Miles From Home
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 7 easy things you can do to collect miles from HOME for FUTURE travel! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.