One of my FAVORITE ways to earn Southwest points is using the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal. Not only can you earn points for every dollar you spend at certain online retailers, you can also earn hundreds — or even thousands — of points for cheap subscriptions to media outlets, meal kit services, Weight Watchers and more!
Don’t miss my weekly post with the TOP Rapid Rewards Shopping Deals each week.
Through August 18, 2019, you have an opportunity to earn even MORE Southwest points — up to 2,000 — on top of what you’d already earn through shopping with a special Rapid Rewards Shopping bonus.
The Rapid Rewards Shopping Bonus Offer
Southwest knows that back-to-school is a time of the year when many of us spend more than usual when shopping, so they kick in a little incentive to keep you spending :).
Whether you’re buying lunch boxes and crayons for younger kids or decorating a dorm room for college students, if you have kids, you’ve likely got some back-to-school expenses.
Through this special back-to-school offer, you’ll be able to earn “bonus” points depending on how much you spend in the portal.
“Bonus” points means these EXTRA points DO NOT qualify for the 110,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with you, but these points CAN be use for FREE TRAVEL on Southwest.
Here’s how it shakes out:
- Spend at least $125, earn 250 bonus points
- Spend at least $300, earn 900 bonus points
- Spend at least $550, earn 2,000 bonus points
Don’t let that encourage you to spend more than you normally would, but do let it encourage you to start all your online shopping at the portal!
Best Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal Offers for Back-to-School
Here are some great options for back-to-school shopping:
- The Container Store – 2 points per $1
- Dell Home – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- JCPenney – 4 points per $1 (up from 2 points)
- HP.com – 4 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
- Textbooks.com – 3 points per $1
- TextbookUnderground.com – 3 points per $1
- Kohl’s – 2 points per $1
- Bed, Bath and Beyond – 1 point per $1
- Dollar General – 2 points per $1
- Eastbay – 1 point per $1
- eCampus.com – 2 points per $1
- Finish Line – 2 points per $1
- Macys.com – 2 points per $1
- OfficeDepot.com – 2 points per $1
- Overstock.com – 2 points per $1 (up from .5 points)
- Sam’s Club – 1 point per $1
- Sears.com – 1 point per $1
- ShoeCarnival.com – 2 points per $1
- Staples.com – 1 point per $1
- The Scholastic Store – 2 points per $1
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – 3 points per $1
- Old Navy – 1 point per $1
- Oriental Trading Company – 1 point per $1
- Walmart.com – 1 point per $1
- BestBuy.com – .5 points per $1
- Target.com – .5 points per $1
- Rack Room Shoes – 3 points per $1 (up from 1 point)
Not sure how to maximize the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal? Check out my post below:
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.