This deal is no longer available.
I’ve seen Motley Fool in the list of Rapid Rewards Shopping options to earn Southwest points before, but when I’d looked at it previously it was WAY too expensive. But thanks to reader Ronald C. for alerting me that there is a lower price option with HIGH Southwest points-earning potential.
Right now you can earn a nifty 3,600 points, which is about as hefty a bonus amount as you can get for Southwest when it comes to Rapid Rewards Shopping. (See more of the best Rapid Rewards Shopping deals this week.)
And all these points WILL qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets one person fly free with you for up to two years. So if you’re 10,000 or so points shy of the 110,000 Southwest points you need to earn the pass, this gets you MORE THAN HALFWAY THERE!
The Motley Fool Deal
The deal is a $19 monthly subscription to their Stock Advisor membership, which MUST BE ACTIVE for 45 days. So that’s going to cost you $38. If you have a business and can write it off as a business expense, go for it. That’s what I did.
This will be a cost of $.01 per point, which I think is pretty cheap compared to buying Southwest points, which costs $.03 per point. But if you like to keep it simple, don’t get hung up on the value of a point!
To take advantage of the deal:
1. Log into your Rapid Rewards account at Southwest.com
3. From there, search for Motley Fool and click on the link.
4. Then, be sure to click the bottom right Shop Now button, which says “Stock Advisor” to get access to this cheaper monthly subscription. Otherwise you’ll be looking at prices between $199 and $2999 — yikes!
5. Scroll down until you get to the red Join for $19 button and click.
6. Choose the 1-month subscription option.
7. Then you will need to fill in your name, address, phone number and credit card information and click Submit My Order.
Be sure to go and set yourself a reminder immediately to cancel the membership at the 46-day mark so you don’t keep paying for it!
I got this deal when it was at 3,600 points for my own Rapid Rewards account AND for my husband’s. How can you turn down this many Southwest points toward free flights?!
We could probably fly one of us SOMEWHERE using a combined ~7,500 points AND definitely with a combined 10,000 points. With the Companion Pass, we could then bring someone free. A free flight for a $19 Motley Fool subscription? That’s a deal to me!
Let me know in the comments if you go for this deal!
10 Things You Can Do to Start Flying Free TODAY!
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 10 easy things you can do to begin your journey toward flying free RIGHT NOW! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.