To earn the Southwest Companion Pass (download my free ebook for step-by-step directions), which allows one person to fly free with you for up to two years, you’ll need to accumulate 110,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
It’s easiest to rack up most of the points by applying for two of three Southwest Chase Rapid Rewards cards when they offer a 50,000-60,000 point bonus after spending $2000-$3000 per card. You’ll also earn 1 point per dollar spent using the card, so you’ll have another 4000 points after meeting the two minimum spend requirements. That may leave you with some additional points to earn to get to 110,000 points and Companion Pass status.
Go to Travel Gal blog reader Bob C. of Georgia racked up his final 6000 points by doing the below:
- Purchasing flowers at 1-800-flowers for Mother’s Day – 1,750 points
- Subscribing to Laithwaites wine club and earning 2000 points with first delivery
- Texture online magazine subscription – 700 points
- Subscribing to the Wall Street Journal for 12 weeks for $12 – 700 points
- Car rental – 600 points (Note: there are current car rental offers out there for 1200-2400 points when you start at Southwest)
All of these were earned by starting at the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal! Keep an eye on my blog, as I keep you updated on the latest and greatest offers for earning Rapid Rewards points to keep you flying free.