The Hilton Honors™ Surpass Credit Card from American Express once again has a bonus of 100,000 Hilton Honors points after a $3000 minimum spend in the first three months, matching the highest bonus ever offered earlier this year. You also get a free weekend night award after your one-year anniversary when you hold this card.
Note: To apply for the credit cards in this post, please consider clicking the buttons below or starting at TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS in the Go to Travel Gal main menu above. This allows me to earn a commission — at no cost to you — to help pay the blogging bills, so I can continue to bring you great information — free!
The Hilton Honors Surpass card can be a great way to supplement free flights with free or reduced-cost hotel rooms to make your travel even more affordable.
Keep in mind, if you want to apply for any Chase cards (like the Southwest Chase Rapid Rewards cards to earn the Southwest Companion Pass or cards that earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points like Chase Sapphire Preferred), you will not be approved if you have opened five or more credit cards in the last 24 months.
The offer ends on October 4, 2017.
Here are the Hilton credit card details:
Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
- $75 annual fee
- 16.24-20.24% APR but we both know you ARE NOT going to carry a balance 😉
- Earn 12X points for Hilton purchases
- Earn 6X points at groceries, gas stations and restaurants
- Earn 3X points on all other purchases
- 500 points when you book and pay for a Hilton stay online with the card
- Complimentary Gold Status
- Secondary car rental loss and damage insurance (your insurance company pays first and they pay whatever is left)
- Insurance for lost, damaged or stolen baggage when the fare is purchased using the card
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance when fare is paid with card
- 1 year additional warranty on items purchased
- Return protection for items the store won’t take back
- Theft and accidental damage of purchased items including cell phones
- Card-member only events
- Fraud protection
Improvements to Hilton Honors Loyalty Program
This year, Hilton made some awesome new changes to the Hilton Honors program. Card Members can now pay with a combination of points and money and can soon pool points with friends and family, as well as use points to make purchases on Amazon.
They also have a brand new app, which you can download by texting HILTONAPP to 55000. From their app you can check in remotely, choose your room, bypass the front desk and go right to your room using your Hilton digital key.
Read more about Hilton Honors changes.
How to Spend Hilton Honors Points
You can use points to book free hotel stays online or via the Hilton app starting at 5000 points per night, though points vary and increase from there. Additionally, Gold (you get this status automatically with the above card), Silver and Diamond status members get their fifth consecutive award night FREE!
You can also use your points to book hotel activities like a spa treatment, dinner or for a golf lesson or tee time.
Similar to SPG Moments, Hilton offers an opportunity to redeem points for amazing experiences like concerts, a PGA tour event and attending awards shows.
Want to look at the card in more detail? Click below.
- What to Expect From Hotel Loyalty Programs in 2017
- How to Use Loyalty Points for Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences
- How to Use the Hilton Digital Key
- 6 Cutting-Edge Hotel Technologies That Make Your Stay Better
- Hilton Honors Members Get Better Rate by Booking Direct
- Hilton Honors Loyalty Program Announces Exciting Changes
Join the Free Flight Challenge
Earn a FREE round trip flight in the U.S. without signing up for a credit card OR stepping foot on a plane!