As a longtime Disney fan, whose family has been to Walt Disney World and Disneyland countless times (including a honeymoon spent at Disney World :)), Disney mobile ordering is the best idea they’ve come up with in a while.
We always eat at the “fast-casual” restaurants within Disney, with maybe a splurge of one or two sit-down meals, but the challenge is always the long lines, especially at the places where everyone likes to eat the most.
For example, we always head to the restaurant with orange chicken between Asia and Africa in Animal Kingdom.
Now, both Walt Disney World and Disneyland let you order your meal at fast-casual and quick service restaurants via their apps. Hooray!
Here’s the scoop…
Walt Disney World Mobile Ordering
At Disney World, you can now order and pay for your meals from 23 quick-service restaurants in the parks and at Disney Springs via Mobile Ordering in the My Disney Experience app.
- To use it, open the app and select Order Food.
- Select a restaurant, pick your items and prepay.
- When you arrive, tap “I’m Here, Prepare My Order.”
- You’ll be notified when your meal is ready for pick-up.
- Then go to the Mobile Order Pick up Area to get your food! No waiting in line needed!
It also works to redeem meals and snacks if you are on the Disney Dining Plan. We usually find it cheaper NOT to do the Disney Dining Plan (see my tips to save on Disney World dining and food).
If you’re on a Disney Dining Plan:
- Tap Order Food under My Plans in the app.
- You can choose NOT to use your Dining Plan on any item, as well.
Here’s a video that shows how it works:
Some participating favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World include:
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café (Magic Kingdom)
- Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
- Backlot Express (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Pizzafari (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
Walt Disney World also now offers mobile check-in to your Disney Resort via their app.
Disneyland Mobile Ordering
Disneyland also added the feature in time for this summer via the Disneyland app.
- Search for a participating location
- Select an arrival time window for pickup
- Choose items from the menu and place your order with payment
- Notify the restaurant of your arrival
- Get notified that your meal is ready for pick-up
If you are an annual passholder, you can also apply your discount within the app.
What do you think about this new feature? Helpful?!