If you have a lot of points and you don’t want to use them for travel right now, holders of Chase Sapphire Preferred (my FAVORITE travel credit card; read my full review) and Chase Sapphire Reserve (read my full review) now have an option to redeem points for different purchases as well as for travel.
Eligible categories rotate, but right now you can use your Chase Sapphire Preferred card to pay yourself back for AirBnB charges and select charitable contributions.
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can use the Pay Yourself Back option for Airbnbs, dining and against the prior payment of your annual fee. (Subject to change)
If you plan on staying in an Airbnb, using the Chase Pay Yourself Back option is a great way to save on Airbnb costs.
In the past groceries, dining and charitable contributions have been eligible categories for both cards.
The current categories are set to expire on September 30, 2022.
It’s important to remember that the Pay Yourself Back feature will only work on qualifying transactions from the last 90 days.
So, if you plan on using Pay Yourself Back, make sure you remember to log on to your Chase account and redeem points for the eligible transactions.
Keep reading to see how to use the Pay Yourself Back feature.
You can also get bonus points for travel purchases made through the Chase Travel Portal.
Plus the Chase Sapphire Preferred earns 3x points on online grocery purchases and select streaming services.
With grocery prices increasing, this is an amazing perk! 😀
This means, for example, that 10,000 points will cover a $150 purchase for Reserve holders or a $125 purchase for Preferred holders.
To apply for and review these cards, please use the TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS links in my main menu above. My blog depends on affiliate income and these links allow me to earn a commission – at no cost to you – to pay the blogging bills, so I can continue to bring you great information FREE! Thank you for your support!
How the Chase Pay Yourself Back Promotion Will Work
- Log into your Chase Ultimate Rewards account.
- Select any qualifying transaction from the past 90 days.
- Choose to redeem points for part or all of the purchase.
- The credit to your account will post within 3 business days.
Here is the full content of the announcement.
Learn more about my favorite travel credit card, Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- Go to Travel Gal’s Travel Credit Card Plan: Which Cards When
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Hidden Benefits
- Reader Question: Do Points From Chase Sapphire Preferred Qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass?
- How I Use Chase Sapphire Preferred Points for Free Hyatt Stays
- Reader Question: Which Card Should I Use for Purchases: Southwest or Chase Sapphire Preferred?