If you’re looking to put cash back in your pocket right now instead of travel points, Chase Freedom Unlimited is a great option.
This popular cash back card just increased its welcome offer AND added the option to earn a hefty 5% cash back on up to $12,000 on grocery purchases the first year.
That’s a GREAT deal!
Some Chase travel cards, including the Southwest cards, also recently sent a targeted offer to earn 5X points on gas and groceries.
If you still need Southwest Companion Pass qualifying points, you should use your Chase Southwest card for this instead, as ONLY spending on those cards earn Companion Pass-qualifying points.
All About Chase Freedom Unlimited
Annual Fee: $0
- Earn $200 cash back after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- 0% APR on new purchases for the first 15 months, then 14.99-23.74% after
Chase Freedom Unlimited is a simple cash back card that earns a flat 1.5% cash back on most all purchases.
Now, you can also earn 5% cash back on all grocery store purchases (excluding Target and Walmart, unfortunately) up to $12,000 in the first year, which is a PHENOMENAL deal.
Plus, it offers a $200 bonus after spending $500 on purchases in the first 3 months that nets you almost HALF OFF a $500 expenditure!
Additionally, your cash back rewards will not expire so long as your Chase Freedom Unlimited card stays open.
Making the Most of Your 5% Cash Back on Groceries
Here are some tips to get the most possible cash back on your grocery purchases:
- Stock up on items you’ll need all year long like paper goods, cleaning items, canned goods and more
- Buy gift certificates for retailers where you know you’ll be shopping, for birthday gifts and even general Visa gift cards that you can use anywhere for any reason
- Buy things you normally buy at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. at the grocery instead
- Buy another family member’s groceries and have them reimburse you or get them an authorized user card to buy their groceries and have them pay you back
What do you think about Chase Freedom Unlimited? Will you use it to get 5% cash back on all your groceries?
7 Ways to Earn Miles From Home
Enter your email to get a free PDF that shows you 7 easy things you can do to collect miles from HOME for FUTURE travel! You'll also be added to Go to Travel Gal's weekly email newsletter list.