9 Amazing SPG Moments
Like free stuff? I sure do! Here’s an easy way to earn amazing experiences like tickets to baseball games, concerts, music festivals and more!
Add the two Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Cards from American Express to your credit card portfolio to earn up to 58,000 Starpoints (the currency for Starwood Hotels’ customer loyalty program) with their current offers. The cards include:
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express – 25,000 point bonus after meeting the $5000 minimum spend, $95 annual fee
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express (personal card) — 25,000 point bonus after meeting the $3000 minimum spend, $95 annual fee
To apply for the above credit cards, please start at the TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS link in the menu above or click on the button below. To find the business card, choose Small Business on the lefthand menu of the Travel Credit Cards link. This allows me to earn a commission — at no cost to you — to help me pay the blogging bills and continue to bring you great content FREE! I sincerely appreciate you taking this step.
We used a bonus from these cards last year not to book hotel rooms but to instead take advantage of the SPG Moments program that allows you to redeem loyalty points for experiences. We attended a Chicago Cubs game in a luxury suite at Wrigley Field FREE and went to see “School of Rock” on Broadway, purchasing 4 tickets for the price of 1! You know how much I love to travel and experience FREE and CHEAPLY, and SPG Moments offers an amazing way to do so!
SPG Moments allows you to either purchase “moments” for a set points price or bid on them through an auction process. I prefer the “set price” options, so I know how much I have to spend and am certain I have purchased the experience!
I’ve put together 9 Amazing Ways to Use Your Starpoints on SPG Moments, starting at just 5000 points per experience!
9 Amazing SPG Moments
1. Chicago Cubs Games – Starting at 10,000 points for 2 tickets
Watch the 2016 World Series-winning Chicago Cubs take on the top MLB teams from the SPG luxury suite complete free food and drink at Wrigley Field!
2. NFL Games & VIP Experiences – Starting at 35,000 points
Attend a Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos or Minnesota Vikings game through December 2017. Games are for 2 people. You can also bid on tours of NFL headquarters, the NFL Network Studio or the NFL Films Facility.
3. Attend the U.S. Open & Enjoy VIP Experiences – Starting bid 63,000 points for 2 tickets
Attend the final weekend of the U.S. Open and watch from the fully-stocked SPG Luxury Suite. You can also choose from VIP experiences like getting a behind-the-scenes look at tennis media or participating in the post-match ball-signing tradition.
4. Attend a Formula 1 Race – Starting at 10,000 points for 2 tickets
Attend Formula 1 races around the world in exotic locations like China and Australia with five star food and drink and a chance to see the teams up close. Some packages are available for purchase at set prices while others require you to bid.
5. Attend the Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta – Bids start at 25,500 points for 2
See Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons, Future and Blink-182 at this Atlanta music festival and enjoy extra amenities like VIP lounge access, complimentary food and drink and preferred viewing areas.
6. Private Dinner in Paris With a Celebrity Chef – Bids start at 18,000 points for 2
Enjoy a meal paired with wine prepared by world-renowned chef Alain Passard, as well as a kitchen tour and a signed copy of “The Art of Cooking with Vegetables.”
7. See “A Bronx Tale” on Broadway and Go Backstage – Current bid at 41,000 points for 2 tickets
Watch this New York Times Critics’ pick musical based on the story by Chazz Palminteri and directed by Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks.
8. Dinner with Chef Eric Ripert at Le Bernardin in New York City – Bid starts at 7,500 points for 2
Meet this famed chef over drinks and then savor a six-course tasting menu with wine pairings at his restaurant.
9. See Eric Clapton at Madison Square Garden – Bid starts at 55,000 points for 2
Watch one of the world’s best-known musicians perform live in Madison Square Garden from the SPG Luxury Suite.
Read about our family’s experience in the SPG Luxury Suite at a Cubs game in 2016, the year they won the World Series!
If you take advantage of one or two of the current bonus point offers on the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express cards, you can easily take enjoy one or more the amazing experiences above or purchase two packages for up to four people to attend.
Note: That SPG Moments continually change and sell out and new ones are added, so continue to check back for new additions.
To learn more about the Starwood credit cards and earn your points to purchase or bid on the above moments, click below:
- 10 Reasons to Add the SPG Hotel Rewards Credit Cards to Your Portfolio
- How I Booked “School of Rock” on Broadway for Cheap with SPG Points
- How ONE Card Can Net You MLB, Broadway or Amy Shumer Tickets
- How I Booked Luxury Suite Seats to a Chicago Cubs Game FREE with SPG Points
- How to Book a Broadway Ticket with SPG Points
- Review of SPG Rewards Luxury Suite at Wrigley Field FREE with Starpoints
Join the Free Flight Challenge
Earn a FREE round trip flight in the U.S. without signing up for a credit card OR stepping foot on a plane!