Rapid Rewards Dining: How to Easily Earn Southwest Points When Eating Out
Do you eat out a lot or even on occasion? Did you know you could be earning Southwest points toward FREE travel on the airline just by signing up for their Rapid Rewards Dining program? It’s an incredibly easy and FREE (my two favorite things!) — in fact, it requires no work after you sign up — way to earn Rapid Rewards points, which are the currency for Southwest’s loyalty program.
All you have to do is sign up for the program using your Rapid Rewards number and then register ANY credit card that you might use to pay for your meal when eating out. If you happen to eat at a restaurant in the Rapid Rewards Dining program, you earn 3 points per dollar spent at NO ADDITIONAL COST and without even having to say anything to anyone at the restaurant. It’s automatic! It couldn’t be any easier.
Even better, your points QUALIFY for the 110,000 Rapid Rewards points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, one of the best deals in travel. The Southwest Companion Pass lets one person fly almost free with you for up to TWO YEARS.
Download my free guide to find out how EASY it is to earn the Southwest Companion Pass and be on your way to free travel on Southwest for both YOU AND A COMPANION.
Here’s exactly what you need to do to start earning FREE points for eating out:
How to Earn Southwest Points Through Rapid Rewards Dining
- Make sure you are a Southwest Rapid Rewards member. It’s free to join, so if you are not, go to Southwest.com and sign up.
- Visit RapidRewardsDining.com/Bonus.htm and click Join Now to sign up.
- Enter your information, including your Rapid Rewards number.
- Add any and all credit cards that you or your family members might use when dining out. Then, anytime you use them to pay for a meal at a participating restaurant – whether you know if the restaurant is part of the program or not – you earn 3 points per dollar spent automatically. To earn a full 3 points, you will need to opt-in to their email notifications.
- Earn a bonus 10 Rapid Rewards points when you review the restaurant where you dined (they’ll send you a reminder email to review the restaurant). Note: BONUS points do NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass but can be used for FREE TRAVEL.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining offers 1000 BONUS Rapid Rewards points to those new to the program. You’ll earn 1000 points – easy peasy – after spending just $25 at THREE participating restaurants in the first 30 days. You’ll need to spend $25 at each to earn 500 bonus points at the first restaurant and 250 points at both the second and third restaurants. Additionally, you must complete a review of each within 30 days. Note: These also DO NOT qualify for the Companion Pass.
If you pay with a Southwest credit card, you’ll earn an additional point for every dollar spent or if you pay with Chase Sapphire Preferred, you’ll earn TWO MORE points for every dollar spent, which you can then transfer to Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
More Rapid Rewards Dining Bonuses
Once you collect 1500 points, they’ll throw in another 500 bonus points. From that point, every time you earn another 1000 bonus points, they give you an additional 300 bonus points. These are all bonus points, which DO NOT qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass.
Which Restaurants Participate in Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining?
Not all restaurants participate in this program, and they tend to be smaller, locally-owned restaurants instead of large chains. You can see which restaurants participate in your area by searching at the top of RapidRewardsDining.com. You’ll want to be sure to hit one of these restaurants in the first 30 days to earn your 1000-point bonus. I have been surprised to earn points when dining at restaurants out of tow,n and you might be, too! It’s a nice surprise, especially when traveling.
To Sum It Up
This is a simple, no-hassle method for building your Southwest Rapid Rewards points balance to get you MORE FREE TRAVEL, so definitely take advantage. It takes a few minutes to set up in the beginning, but it’s well worth it to earn points without ever having to do another thing!