9 Amazing SPG Moments
Like free stuff? I sure do! Here’s an easy way to earn amazing experiences like tickets to baseball games, concerts, music festivals and more!
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Cards from American Express are once again at their highest bonus levels EVER! This only happens ONCE per year. You can earn up to 83,000 Starpoints (the currency for Starwood Hotels’ customer loyalty program) right now by applying for just TWO cards — (both the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express (personal card) — but you need to apply BEFORE April 5, 2017 when the deal goes away.
Note: This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn bonus points if you apply and are approved.
We used this same bonus last year not to book hotel rooms but to instead take advantage of the SPG Moments program that allows you to redeem loyalty points for experiences. We attended a Chicago Cubs game in a luxury suite at Wrigley Field FREE and went to see “School of Rock” on Broadway, purchasing 4 tickets for the price of 1! You know how much I love to travel and experience FREE and CHEAPLY, and SPG offers an amazing way to do so!
SPG Moments allows you to either purchase “moments” for a set points price or bid on them through an auction process. I prefer the “set price” options, so I know how much I have to spend and am certain I have purchased the experience!
I’ve put together 9 Amazing Ways to Use Your Starpoints on SPG Moments, starting at just 5000 points per experience!
9 Amazing SPG Moments
1. MLB Spring Training – 5000 points for 2 tickets
Attend a spring training game for many of your favorite professional baseball teams, including the 2016 World Series-winning Chicago Cubs, in temperate areas like Arizona and Florida.
2. New York Knicks VIP Experience at Madison Square Garden, April 6 – Starting bid 30,000 points for 3 people
Attend the pre-game shoot-around with a child between 9 and 12 participating, watch the game from the SPG luxury suite at Madison Square Garden and then head down to the court afterward for a group photo.
3. Watch a Lakers or Clippers Game at STAPLES Center – 15,000-25,000 points for 2 tickets
Enjoy a professional basketball game at the full-stocked SPG Luxury Suite at the STAPLES Center.
4. Attend a Formula 1 Race – 20,000 points + some auctions for 2 tickets
Attend Formula 1 races around the world in exotic locations like China and Australia with five star food and drink and a chance to see the teams up close. Some packages are available for purchase at set prices while others require you to bid.
5. Glamp at Coachella – Bids start at 42,000 points for 2
Various hotel chains including Tribute, Aloft, Le Meridien and Westin will glamp out a tent like one of their hotel rooms at the famous Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Palm Springs plus VIP access to festival stages and events.
6. See KISS in London – 15,000 points for 2 tickets
Attend a KISS concert at The O2 in London in the full-stocked SPG Luxury Suite.
7. See “School of Rock” on Broadway and Meet a Cast Member – Current bid at 24,000 points for 2 tickets
Watch this awesome show on Broadway based on the movie “School of Rock” with Jack Black and with music from Andrew Lloyd Webber (read more about my family’s experience seeing “School of Rock”) and meet a cast member after the show! I highly recommend this show for kids, especially those seeing their first Broadway show.
8. Watch a Taping of the Rachael Ray Show in New York City – 10,000 points for 2
Watch a live taping of the Rachael Ray Show on The Food Network. A few packages offer a behind-the-scenes tour and photo with Rachael.
9. Get Club Seats or Luxury Suite Access at Wrigley Field for a Chicago Cubs Game – Pricing not yet available, coming soon
Read about our family’s experience in the SPG Luxury Suite at a Cubs game in 2016, the year they won the World Series!
If you take advantage of one or two of the current amazing bonus point offers on the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express cards, you can easily take advantage of multiple of the amazing experiences above or purchases two packages for up to four people to attend.
Apply for the Cards
Be sure to apply before April 5, 2017! The sooner you apply, the sooner you can meet your minimum spend, earn your points and begin booking amazing experiences through SPG Moments! Here are the links you need:
- SPG Credit Cards Highest Bonuses EVER: Everything You Need to Know to Take Advantage of This Limited Time Deal
- How I Booked “School of Rock” on Broadway for Cheap with SPG Points
- How ONE Card Can Net You MLB, Broadway or Amy Shumer Tickets
- How I Booked Luxury Suite Seats to a Chicago Cubs Game FREE with SPG Points
- How to Book a Broadway Ticket with SPG Points
- Review of SPG Rewards Luxury Suite at Wrigley Field FREE with Starpoints